Dr. Sheila Forman
health, fitness, and beauty
Dr. Sheila Forman, a former practicing attorney, has PhD in psychology, and is a one of the first qualified Mindfulness Based Eating Awareness Training (MB EAT) Instructors in the world. Often characterized as having the mind of a lawyer and the heart of a therapist, Dr. Sheila has devoted over twenty years to helping people address weight and food issues by focusing on the emotional aspects of overeating.
If you have struggled to get weight off and keep it off, it is possible that you have been going towards your goal the wrong way. If your focus has been on calories in and calories out, I have some good news for you. You don’t have to do that, you simply have to sit down.
1. One reason why people fail at weight loss is because they make weight loss joyless. The unpleasantness of the dieting experience leads to standing in front of an open refrigerator or leaning over the sink gobbling down excess food. This is no way to lose weight.
2. Instead sit. Making eating a priority. Take a few minutes and sit down, focusing only on the food in front of you. The food will taste better and you will be satisfied with less.
3. There is another form of sitting that can lead to weight loss and that’s a sitting meditation practice. A few minutes of sitting each day can calm the body, mind and spirit which can lead to less emotional eating and/or bingeing.
4. Another tip to help you lose weight is to give yourself permission to eat the foods you love. Once you make food “legal” you will be able to eat what satisfies you and leave the rest.
5. Speaking of satisfaction, practicing mindful eating can also lead to weight loss that stays off by teaching you how to honor and obey your body’s wisdom. The more you can follow your body’s lead, the more satisfaction you will receive from your food choices and the easier it will be to keep lost weight lost.
The TVGuestpert Logo is a Seal of Approval when placed on a Guestpert Profile. It let's you know that we produced the Guestpert's demo and/or results reel separating out those on this site that have not been produced by us.