Dr. Sheila Forman
Dr. Sheila Forman, a former practicing attorney, has PhD in psychology, and is a one of the first qualified Mindfulness Based Eating Awareness Training (MB EAT) Instructors in the world. Often characterized as having the mind of a lawyer and the heart of a therapist, Dr. Sheila has devoted over twenty years to helping people address weight and food issues by focusing on the emotional aspects of overeating.
Are you a mindless eater? You know the kind who gets to the bottom of the chip bag but doesn’t remember tasting the chips? Or who is multi-tasking while eating lunch and doesn’t notice when her sandwich is done? If you are – join the club! We are all mindless eaters from time to time. But if you want to enjoy your food more and maybe drop a few pounds trying eating mindfully. Practice these skills whenever you can and in time you will find that you are eating less and enjoying more.
Mindful eating means eating with awareness and intention so you can really taste the food you are eating, enjoy it more and be satisfied with less. To eat mindfully, try this:
1. Take a moment and get centered. Breathe. Focus your attention on the food you are about to eat.
2. Check in with how hunger or full you are.
3. Observe the food in front of you. Notice its appearance, scent and texture.
4. Think about how the food got to you. The farmers, manufacturers, transportation vehicles, stock clerks, cashiers, etc. Silently thank them for their participation.
5. Eat your food slowly, paying attention to how it tastes and feels in your mouth. Notice when/if the taste changes.
6. Check in periodically with your hunger and fullness signals.
7. Stop when you notice that you have had enough and feel satisfied.
The TVGuestpert Logo is a Seal of Approval when placed on a Guestpert Profile. It let's you know that we produced the Guestpert's demo and/or results reel separating out those on this site that have not been produced by us.