Jeanette Yoffe M.A. M.F.T.
Family and Relationships
Author of Groundbreaking Interventions: Working with Traumatized Children, Teens and Families in Foster Care and Adoption and What s Your Name, Who s Your Daddy? a one woman play about growing up in foster care and adoption available on Amazon and Audible. She has appeared on the OWN and TLC Network, as a Psychotherapist teaching about Adoption in the shows Raising Whitley and Long Lost Family.
How to gift yourself the 5 Psychological and Emotional Needs through the Holidays:
1. Acknowledge you have needs and you have a right to set boundaries for yourself.
2. Attention- Talk with those who understand you and get you. Designate a holiday listening partner, someone who you can call during the holidays, who will just listen, have empathy, AND do not fix or give you unsolicited advice. Listening is supportive in and of itself.
3. Appreciation: Find 3 things you GET to be grateful for. i.e. to breathe, to walk, to have family, there is always someone struggling more than you in the world.
4. Autonomy: Take a time out for yourself, walk away, take a walk outside. Feel the breeze and sun on your face to calm the body and calm the mind
5. Abstain from drinking too much alcohol. Alcohol is a depressant and put the BLUES in BOOZE. Too much drinking can make matters worse. Drink responsibly and you will be able to tolerate the ups and the downs of the holiday season!
The TVGuestpert Logo is a Seal of Approval when placed on a Guestpert Profile. It let's you know that we produced the Guestpert's demo and/or results reel separating out those on this site that have not been produced by us.