Dr. Sheila Forman
health, fitness, and beauty
Dr. Sheila Forman, a former practicing attorney, has PhD in psychology, and is a one of the first qualified Mindfulness Based Eating Awareness Training (MB EAT) Instructors in the world. Often characterized as having the mind of a lawyer and the heart of a therapist, Dr. Sheila has devoted over twenty years to helping people address weight and food issues by focusing on the emotional aspects of overeating.
We all do it. Grab a bag of chips when life is stressing us out. In the moment those salty crunchy delicacies make everything seem okay, but in truth stress snacking makes things worse. Stress snacking sabotages you, your body and your life.
Here’s Why Stress Eating Is a Saboteur:
1. When we are under stress our body makes the hormone cortisol which works with the brain to help us in difficult situations.
2. When we are in a state of heightened stress, cortisol shuts down certain functions in our bodies so that we are better able to fight or flee as needed.
3. This is all good, but when the stressor is chronic, meaning all the time, our cortisol levels remain high and that’s when the sabotage happens.
4. One side effect of excess cortisol is weight gain.
5. This happens because if you are snacking while stressed the cortisol pumping through your body is causing your snack food to turn to fat.
6. Unwanted weight gain can lead to poorer health, lower self- esteem, depression and anxiety.
7. So, instead of snacking while stressed, how about walking, meditating or napping instead.
8. All these activities will help reduce your stress and none will put on extra pounds.
The TVGuestpert Logo is a Seal of Approval when placed on a Guestpert Profile. It let's you know that we produced the Guestpert's demo and/or results reel separating out those on this site that have not been produced by us.